Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, May 23, 2011

Purple and Red Wedding



Sorry I've been away for a few days. Theres been a few things going on keeping me distracted.

Today was a bank holiday in Ontario (not sure about the rest of Canada) so I spent a lot of the day on . When I have a bit of time on my hands I like to spend time replying to peoples wedding colour dilemmas. This was todays one.

"Hey Guys,
Just wondering what your thoughts would be on this, Im planning a Christmas wedding, but want it to be a bit differnt to the norm. The church where i am getting married always has red & white flowers for christmas, but i wanted a purple theme! I was thinking of perhaps putting one of my bridesmaids in a purple dress, and the other in the same dress, but in red! Would i be mad or do you think it would be a good idea!??"




I had a think about it and this was the reply I came up with. Basically red and purple colour scheme gets the thumbs up from me.

"Purple is the most popular colour for bridesmaids at the minute so I think its a great idea to mix it with an unexpected colour like red. Red and purple would make a great colour scheme for a winter wedding."





"That said though I think mixing bridesmaids dresses usually works better with more than 2 bridesmaids."




"I would probably go with your original idea of purple for the bridesmaids and add in red in the flowers."









"Say the church flowers were something like this."






"I'd ask your florist to add in purple flowers, baubles or ribbons to the existing arrangements to tie in your bridesmaids."





"Then have the rest of the flowers in red and purple."







No comments:

Post a Comment